Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Osteoarthritis of the knee

Osteoarthritis knee - Introduction

In the knee joint like any other joint end of the hard bone is covered by a soft bone called cartilage.
The soft bone or cartilage protects and cushions the joint.

In osteoarthritis the soft bone breaks down and the hard bone surface rubs against each other, this causes the pain.
In addition to the soft bone damage, the joint lining, ligaments and surrounding bone also get affected in the osteoarthritis.
At present there is no treatment that can reverse the damage of joints in osteoarthritis

CAUSES OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
Obesity
Heredity
Increase in age
Women over 50 years
Previous Knee trauma
Repetitive stress injury to knee
Participation in high impact in sports
Septic arthritis and metabolic disorder

SYMPTOMS
Pain
Stiffness
Muscle weakness
Deformity of the joint
Reduced range of motion
Creaking and cracking

HOW IT IS DIAGNOSED
1.      Depend on the clinical findings (Tender, swollen, deformed joints, muscle weakness, cracking sounds)
2.      X-ray of the Knee joint
HOW IT IS TREATED
1.      Using pain reliving medicines
2.      Heat or cold application
3.      Weight reduction
4.      Exercises to strengthen the      surrounding muscle
5.      Assistive devices
        I.          Knee support
        II.          Walking stick
        III.          Shoe inserts
6.      Application of pain relieving medications
7.      Supplements – calcium, vitamin D, Glucosamine, Omega 3 fatty acids
8.      Viscosupplement Injections to the joint
9.      Joint replacement surgery

SELF MANAGEMENT OF ARTHRITIS

·        Understand the disease
·        Reduce pain while remaining active
·        Cope physically, emotionally and mentally
·        Have greater control over the disease.
·        Build confidence to live an active independent life.

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this excellent blog. Get best ortho treatment with Eva hospital. Our clinic is one the top ortho centre in India . Visit our website by clicking on this link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of your blogs and conjointly the articles and price appreciating. For-Knees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such an informative article about osteoarthritis and knee pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your blog is right about joint replacement (osteoarthritis) for knee joint. As you elaborate is quite fine. Thanks for sharing the information. joint Replacement Delhi | joint Replacement in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
    ปวดหลัง

    ReplyDelete
  6. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    คลินิกกระดูก หาดใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. This is Useful article.

    Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in the knee. You may checkout knee pain solution for best result. It is a degenerative,"wear-and-tear" type of arthritis that occurs most often in people 50 years of age and older, but may occur in younger people, too. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage in the knee joint gradually wears away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job.
    โรคเครียดลงกระเพาะ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job.
    belastingadvies amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!
    bioresonantie assen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I came to this blog and I found some relevant stuff here. Basically I keen to know new parameters of writing every-time and sometime it become really very hard to find such kind of platform.
    loopbaanbegeleiding amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. They all are really very useful for me as well as for my team. We are definitely going to use its highlighted information.
    Paragnost amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  13. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.
    น้ำตบแพลงตอน

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    ข้อเข่าเสื่อม

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, that’s the way I always wanted to come over such a wonderful platform where I could satisfy myself regarding my issues. I found answers of all most of my check list I prepared after having a lot of confusion. Great job.
    หมอกระดูก หาดใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  16. คลินิกกระดูกและข้อ หาดใหญ่ I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    คลินิกกระดูกและข้อ หาดใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  17. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    review Naked Eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Artros

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    อาหาร เสริม เม ก้า

    ReplyDelete
  20. A writer should always try to keep its writing very simple and clear. Always use facts which are easily acceptable by general people because they are very close to their assumptions and they welcome such kind of facts.
    คลินิกกระดูก หาดใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am grateful to you on the grounds that your article is exceptionally useful for me to continue with my exploration in same region. Your cited illustrations are all that much significant to my exploration field.This is extraordinary! It really exhibits to me where to broaden my online diary
    เครื่องสำอางยี่ห้อไหนดี คลีนซิ่ง

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice Information, It helps to patients.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    If any patient suffering from any Best knee pain treatment in Delhi
    can then visit Pain Management in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your post explain everything in detail and it was very interesting to read. Thank you. Get in tuch with Joint Replacement Surgeon in Vashi : Dr. Shailendra Patil

    ReplyDelete